Yields 6 servings
2 lb. Watermelon, peeled
¼ cup Olive oil
1 ea. Lime, juiced and zested
8 ea. Fresh figs
2 oz Ricotta salata
2 oz Microgreens
1 fl. oz.Fig syrup
1 tsp. Fleur de sel
1. Preheat the grill to medium high.
2. Cut the watermelon into small triangles about 4-inches by 3-inches and about ½-inch thick; you should have 12 nice pieces. Brush with olive oil and chill. Chill six medium-sized serving plates.
4. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Cut the figs in half and place cut side up on a sheet pan; sprinkle with kosher salt and brush with olive oil. Roast for 15 minutes, or until soft.
5. Grate the ricotta salata on a microplane or small grater and set aside in the refrigerator.
6. Place the chilled plates out on the counter and drizzle with a little of the fig syrup. Grill the watermelon triangles by marking each side for about 45 second, repeat until you have cross hatch marks on either side. Place two pieces of watermelon over the fig syrup and arrange decoratively. Drizzle each plate with lime juice and sprinkle with a little zest
7. Place the microgreens in a small bowl and add the lime juice and zest. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and toss to coat. Place a small mound of the salad on each of the six plated watermelons; sprinkle with ricotta salata.
8. Place three fig halves around the salad and garnish with fleur de sel; serve immediately.